Attempting to navigate electrical issues on your own can be a rewarding feat, but in the case that something goes wrong, it’s time to call an electrician in Baton Rouge. After all, your home’s electricity needs to be handled properly in order to reduce the risk of an unexpected fire. The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) conducted a study that produced some surprising results; home electrical fires result in nearly $1.3 billion in property damage every year in the U.S. alone. Something as simple as faulty wiring or overloading electrical circuits can quickly result in disaster. Here are some tips from our team at AccuTemp to help you determine when the best time is to call in a professional.
Flickering lights are a warning sign that you should call an electrician in Baton Rouge. When there is an overload in your home’s system, it may result in flickering lights. This may happen when multiple large appliances are running at the same time. Some other reasons for flickering lights include a loose lightbulb, faulty connections or bad weather. Regardless of the reasoning, it’s important to call a professional sooner than later.
A Burning Smell
Burning smells developing in your home is never a good sign, especially when it has to do with your home’s wiring. Electrical fires typically start with an acidic smell, so if there’s a burning, charred smell coming from an outlet, don’t take this red flag lightly. Our team at AccuTemp can look over the circuits to ensure the issue is addressed.
Your Home is 20+ Years Old
Older homes are at a higher risk of developing an electrical outlet. Old appliances, outdated wiring systems and worn-down circuits can create the perfect storm, resulting in a fire that causes costly damage.
Reduce your home’s risk of suffering from an electrical fire by calling our electricians near Baton Rouge. At AccuTemp, we value each and every customer and want to help keep them safe year-round. Please contact us today to schedule your next appointment.